2018年12月13日木曜日

BR10:Turtles



'The Aldabra tortoise became famous because of one particular tortoise, Mzee, and his unlikely friendship with a baby hippopotamus called Owen.' (p.18)

This book refers to turtles and tortoises. I haven't known that there are differences between turtles and tortoises before reading it. I was surprised to have understood the features of them. According to this book, turtles can help us imagine what our world must have been like before human beings ever lived. Turtles are the symbol of  our cultures and a lot of things around us. Through them, we can learn maxims and important lessons which we should understand and act in everyday lives. For instance, the fable of the hare and the tortoise. We learn we shouldn't be idle if we are satisfied with our consequences from the fable. Moreover, in this book, there are some kinds of turtles and tortoises. I like the African Pancake tortoise very well. His shell is flexible to move freely among the narrower rocks. And he is very cute for me. So, I recommend you this book the best of books I read in this week. Please read it!

Schreyer, Karmel. (2014). Turtles. Cambridge: Discovery Education.   

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

London

  I read this book the other day. London is a great city and very famous in the UK. This book has a lot of information on London, but I...